I'm trying my best to remember the little things about him at each stage of his young life, but it's hard. I try to remember when Brooklyn did certain things that he's starting to do and I can't remember, so I'm writing a few things down.
At two months old,
- getting his diaper changed
- being naked
- getting a bath
- being held
- to snuggle
- cooing at us when we get close to his face and talk to him
- his Winnie the Pooh mobile
- being put down right after he's been picked up
- his carseat
- being hot
- his swing. Seriously, what kid hates a swing?
- his crib. He has a much stronger preference for the pack and play.
- being confused for a girl. SERIOUSLY, people. Peyton Manning. He's a man. It's in his name. Why are there women out there naming their little girls Peyton? It's weird. It's a boy's name. It's only a girl's name as much as Ashley is a boy's name, and we all make fun of him in Gone With the Wind for it. And yet both nurses at Peyton's two month check up asked about "her". *sigh*... Brooklyn had no hair and got called a boy. Your name is Peyton and you're being called a girl. I guess we fail as parents. (In all honesty, this last bullet point bothers me more than it bothers him at this point in life, if you hadn't guessed).
He weighed in at 12 lbs 3 oz and 24 1/4 inches long at his appointment yesterday. 50th percentile for weight and 85th percentile for height. And my goodness do I love every ounce and inch of him. I mean look at this face... how could you not?