- I relish the opportunity to nap. Why don't you?
- Is that a real cry? Or do you just want attention?
- Are you scared or hurt?
- I heard a loud thump... is she crying because she hit her head or because she threw Elmo on the ground?
- How long am I going to let this go on before I intervene?
- Is this a stand up, sit up, or lay down kind of cry?
- Is it teething's fault again?
It's a mess. Since she was born, Brandon has had weekend duty. He gets her up on Saturday mornings and they get breakfast and cartoons, he gets her ready for church on Sundays, and when she was a little baby he would get up with her in the night and take care of her- feedings, diapers, etc. I don't even know why we bother sometimes, as she clings to me like Saran Wrap. When she cries, I can't sleep. I can't focus on anything else. Why would I make Brandon get up with her in the night if she was just going to cry and keep me awake in the next room? It's getting better, especially since she is, in general, a very good sleeper... but man. How on earth do you completely shut out screams and cries of "Mama" and "No no no!" from the other room? And how mad can I be when she just wants to be near me?
I guess I'll take the screams and cries if it gets me lots of hugs and kisses too.